Location: Head Office
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: No Closing Date
We're passionate about gaming. It's why we do what we do.
At Multiplay, we've been bringing people together in both the physical and digital worlds since 1997. We specialise in live events and online hosting, working with high-profile clients from around the world. Sounds like something you'd like to get involved with? Just wait until you see what we've got to offer.
Think you're up for the challenge?
What you'll be doing
We're looking for Events Director to join our team in Basingstoke. As part of our Events team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the planning and delivery of all events against event business plan (budget, timeframe, programme & brief)
- Oversee Insomnia Festival, Bricklive and any other events secured both in the UK and internationally
- Full accountability for the Events business from P&L responsibility from accounts to marketing to delivering
- Establish and maintain a strategy that positively drives the business forwards in line with company objectives
- Support and own content planning, creation and department for both GAME Digital & Multiplay
- Creation and delivery of annual and monthly budgets
- Ensuring all events are delivered in line with or ahead of budget
- To ensure we are market leading and innovative in our approach to content
- To continually drive growth across the business
- Experienced 'hands on' Events Manager with experience in organising large scale events against stretching requirements and timeframes
- Vast history of exposure to financial accountability in previous roles
- Strong commercial negotiator
- A willingness to lead from the front
- Passionate about people
- Passionate about the industry, subject matter and products
- To live and breathe content
- An eye for new business opportunities
- Outstanding communicator, enabling you to engage, educate and influence at all levels
- Previous experience at managing a team with multiple direct reports
Bonus points for:
Knowing your stuff. Genuinely passionate and excited about what you do, you're a team player with an interest in gaming and experience in a similar field.
We've got a lot to offer
What's in it for you? Plenty. We offer our team a pretty nice package of perks (even if we do say so ourselves), including
- Fantastic opportunities for development and promotion
- Awesome staff discounts on the latest games, consoles, tech, and more
- Matched pension contributions
- A generous benefits package
...and much, much more!
Not a bad deal, huh?
As part of our Events Team, you'll be joining us at our HQ in Basingstoke. With a cool chillout zone featuring some of the hottest console games, awesome tournaments, clubs and competitions - from football and foosball to bake-offs - there's plenty to get involved with. Our on-site Bistro even offers special themed days throughout the year.
It all adds up to one amazing, vibrant place to work with one of the most exciting company cultures you'll ever experience.
Sounds amazing, right?
Can't find what you are looking for?
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?