New Store Implementation Manager
Location: Head Office
Contract Type: Fixed
Contract Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: No Closing Date
We are GAME.
We're all about building the most valuable community for gamers, bringing them latest games, exclusive editions, and hottest consoles to the UK. We're the UK's No.1 high-street videogames retailer for a reason - and we're looking for someone special to join us.
Think you're up for the challenge?
What you'll be doing
We're looking for a New Store Implementation Manager to join our Property Team, on a 6 month fixed term contract basis. The role can be located throughout the UK, but the successful person will need to be able to commute to Basingstoke, Hampshire,
Reporting into the Head of Property you will manage the implementation of new stores, to include on site Project Management, alterations and refurbishment projects across our estate.
Experienced in leading a team of contractors, you will utilise your strong organisational and great communication skills to ensure projects are managed effectively, efficiently and to budget.
- The management of the shopfitting element of the Capital Programme within the UK
- Ensuring the delivery of all project / programmes to an agreed brief and specification within the development guidelines
- The delivery of new branches and refurbishments to meet expansion, growth and strategy
- Review ongoing project briefs to enable proactive resource planning and levelling identification of shortfalls as required
- Driving improvements in cost efficiency by design.
- Liaising with field stakeholders ensuring service level aspirations are met and maintained
- Source and recommend the appointment of new contractors and suppliers
- Tender and award and implementation of works on behalf of the company for the supply of equipment and services for all projects
- Ensuring external parties perform to the brief and actively appraise their performance
- You will have a firm hold on Health and Safety regulations and the practical application of monitoring these details.
- Good understanding of fixtures and fittings and HVAC M&E etc
- Delivery of all elements to a successful launch, from key services that need to meet stringent regulations to finishing touches including lighting and furniture.
- Good Understand of Cad and Revit
- Excel/Project and Microsoft package
- Excellent understanding with CDM/Building Regs
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Shop fit or equivalent discipline
- Background in design and space along with all disciplines within shopfitting
- A qualification in Construction/technical based discipline
Bonus points for:
Knowing your stuff. Genuinely passionate and excited about what you do, you're a team player with an interest in gaming and experience in a similar field.
We've got a lot to offer
What's in it for you? Plenty. We offer our team a pretty nice package of perks (even if we do say so ourselves), including:
- Fantastic opportunities for development and promotion
- Awesome staff discounts on the latest games, consoles, tech, and more
- Matched pension contributions
- A generous benefit package
...and much, much more!
Not a bad deal, huh?
You'll be joining our Property team in Basingstoke. With an onsite BELONG gaming arena featuring some of the hottest console games, awesome tournaments, clubs and competitions - from football and foosball to bake-offs - there's plenty to get involved with. Our on-site Control Room offers special themed days throughout the year.
We've even been known to have beer o' clock Fridays, free pizza lunches, and enough sweets to keep the whole office buzzing. It all adds up to one amazing, vibrant place to work with one of the most exciting company cultures you'll ever experience.
Sounds amazing, right?
Can't find what you are looking for?
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?